Raplog

"I would we were all of one mind, and one mind good." --Cymbeline, V.iv.209-210. An English teacher's log. Slow down: Check it once in a while.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Two Recommendations

First of all, check out Mr. Kirk's latest posting called "On Homosexuality, Marriage, and Judgment." It's one of the best things I've read on that subject.

Second, I want to thank someone for recommending that I see the Cameron Crowe film called Almost Famous, only I don't know whom to thank. I wrote its name down long ago, and this weekend I rented it because it was on my list. It was thoroughly enjoyable, not only because of its quirky humor and critique of the rock music world (really of any "pursuit of fame" world), but because it was what my teacher used to call a "healing image"--in this case a parable of the power of truth: The genuineness of four good people, all different from one another, recalls a fifth back from the abyss of falsehood. I look forward to seeing it again. To the one who recommended it to me, thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home